Thursday, June 30, 2011

Waiting for This...

It's hard being patient, isn't it? My impatience shows itself clearly when it comes to gardening. I always want to pick the produce the first day it looks ripe, but we all know that everything stays sweeter the longer you leave it on the vine. Well, I have been staring at these beautiful red blackberries as I water them every day, anticipating the day that they are sweet, delicious and black. Last year the plant spent all of it's energy expanding it's roots and branches and this year we have been rewarded with bucket loads of berries on this plant!

So, if anyone has any tried-and-true good 'ol recipes for blackberry jam or blackberry pie, or any other great blackberry recipe, send 'em my way, because I will be in the kitchen with loads of blackberries this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails