Monday, May 9, 2011

Cake Pops!

I somehow was clueless about the delightful invention of cake pops a couple of years ago and only recently found out about them when I was at Starbucks one day and tried one of theirs. I knew I just had to make them myself. Needless to say, they are so delectably scrumptious and as I discovered, not too complicated to make!

My sisters, brother and mom were all visiting from out-of-town, so we decided to have an early birthday party for one of my sisters (her blog is here!) since it was only about a week away. I love how you have such an endless variety of ways to decorate them to match whatever theme your party is. I chose to use both white chocolate and milk chocolate and then added sprinkles to some of them.


So, want the steps to make them yourself?

1. Make a cake using 1 box of cake mix, any flavor you want, preferably in a 9x13 pan
2. Once the cake is baked and cooled, take a fork and mash the cake into fine crumbs.
3. Mash one can of frosting into crumb mixture (I add in about 3/4 of the can and add in a spoonful at a time until I reach the desired consistency). It should be moist like playdough. Refrigerate dough for about 10 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into small balls - about a tablespoon in size.
5. Melt the candy melts according to package directions.
6. Take the lollipop sticks and dip one into the melted chocolate, then insert it into the cake ball. Repeat until all balls have lollipop sticks. By this time the first ones should be set and you can begin coating the entire cake pop.
7. Coat entire cake pop and refrigerate if desired.

Final step = enjoy your tasty treat!

The neat thing about the size of these is that you don't have to serve your guests big 'ol slices of cake, they can just have one cute little pop or many!

Linked up at: Tuesdays at the Table




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. They were sooo delicious and moist! Thanks again for making them! I went the route of "many"! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummo! A good friend of mine loves making these things and man...are they good! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails